5 Ways to Get YouTube Subscribers and Take Your Channel to the Next Level
February 4, 2021
While popular sites such as Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and even your own website are great places to invest, YouTube remains the giant in the space, with individuals spending a billion hours each day watching videos on this platform. With its widespread popularity, it’s hard for marketers to ignore the video marketing channel. But with such high popularity comes high competition. The channel is crowded with an endless library of video content, so how can you stand out? Getting views on YouTube isn’t enough. You will want to learn how to get YouTube subscribers who will watch, share, and engage with your videos as you continue to create more over time.
So, here are 5 popular ways to get YouTube subscribers and to take your channel to the next level:
1. Build videos around a single keyword/topic – It’s important to pick your keyword before you even build your video content because it helps you construct the best information around that specific topic. It also helps you remember to include your keyword naturally throughout the content so YouTube picks it up when closed captions are added. Many people who are unaware of the best SEO practices are likely to skip this step, but it’s crucial if you want your videos to get the maximum amount of viewers. But building your video around a single topic/keyword is the best way to get the traffic you want and grow your audience.
2. Promote your YouTube channel on your website and other social media platforms – Promoting your YouTube videos on your other social channels is the easiest way to grow your audience. If your website gets consistent traffic every month, then it is the perfect place to find the first few subscribers to your YouTube channel. Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook are some of the best platforms to help you get more YouTube subscribers. Also, the fact that they’re free totally helps. You can also use social media plugins for YouTube, which can automatically sync your YouTube channel with your website and your social media platforms. That not only will this grow your channel’s subscribers, but it will also increase the amount of time that visitors spend on your website. That can help boost your domain authority and ultimately help with your SEO efforts.
3. Focus on quality, not quantity – The only way to really stand out from the pack and grow your subscriber base is to create the best of the best content in your space. Do your research well. Watch your competitors’ videos, as well as videos in the industries outside of yours. Jot down notes of the parts that intrigue you the most. Prepare scripts for your videos. Businesses often underutilize the power of scripting, but mastering this art can take your videos to an entirely new level. The process of scripting helps to convey your story in the most powerful way. Make the first 10 seconds of your video the most memorable. Did you know that a whopping 20 percent of viewers drop off within the first 10 seconds of your video? This is why you need to make the most of the most first few seconds.
4. Maintain consistency – Consistency is key because subscribers are not going to stay subscribed if you never update your channel or if you update 4 times in one week and then take a month-long hiatus. YouTube viewers want consistency. So, if you want to gain subscribers fast, your YouTube channel should be consistent.
You need to train your audience to know (and look out for) when a new video will be launched. When you choose an upload schedule, make sure you stick to it. The last thing you want to do is disappoint users by not uploading when you said you would. That’s because inconsistent posting will never allow you to build a loyal audience. Viewers don’t have time to figure you out and what you’re about. And when you think about it, people don’t subscribe because of the video they just watched but because of the expectation of more content like it in the future.
You need a recurring theme across your channel’s content, especially when you’re starting out. Decide what the premise of your channel is, what your promise is, and communicate it at a glance.
5. Optimize your YouTube channel for search – Try to align your video with a popular keyword, and use the keywords you’re targeting in your video title. Just be sure to add your main keywords towards the front of your title because only the first 45 characters of your title can be seen in search. Video transcripts are a great way to make your videos more accessible to a larger audience, and they also help with SEO. For your video descriptions, don’t just jam-pack this field with keywords, rather make it an engaging and well-written description of what the video is about, and do use your most critical keywords. Meta tags are another way to get your keywords into your video and make it more searchable.
This wraps up our list of 5 popular ways to get YouTube Subscribers. But like most content initiatives, gaining YouTube subscribers takes time and consistency. There are no overnight results but following these steps will definitely accelerate your YouTube channel’s growth considerably.